Skip to Questions
School of Law

Ask the Zief Librarians! - about your research or about the library


How to get case documents

I am a professor in politics department doing research on 1996 SF Superior Court case In re: San Francisco Immigrant Voting Rights. How do I get copies of these documents?
Last Updated: Aug 04, 2016  |  2 Views
Was this helpful? 0   0


Dear Professor Coll, 

Unfortunately, superior court cases are not available online or in law libraries. Such records are only kept in hard copies with the court. So, you will need to contact the SF Superior Court directly to inquire about the procedure for requesting and accessing these documents (I believe you will need to go there in person or hire a courier to retrieve them). The phone number for the Civil Records at the SF Superior Court is 415-551-3802. In referencing the case, in addition to providing the name and year, you will also want to reference the Case Number (96-977874).
Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions. 
Answered by Jodi CollovaBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Improve this answer or post a comment

    More ways to ask us!

    Live Chat

    School of Law | 2130 Fulton Street | San Francisco, CA 94117-1080 | (415) 422-6307